- Seafood Stew consisting of lobster, scallops, shrimp and black cod
- Duck Breast w/ Cherry Chutney
- Herb Roasted Pheasant with Wild Rice Stuffing
- Molasses Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Vegetables - Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots, and Wax Beans
- Cinnamon Apple Sponge Cake (not so nourishing but he recipe could be tweaked!!)
If you would like to see the recipes - http://inaugural.senate.gov/documents/doc-2009-recipes.pdf
All of the recipes could use some tweaking to make them even more nourishing, but it is nice to see that our new Commander and Chief isn't afraid of REAL FOOD!
I think I am going to have to try the seafood stew sans the puff pastry topping and on a much smaller scale. But all that yummy, nourishing seafood in one dish has my mouth watering!! The duck with the cherry chutney sounds really good as well but I would definitely make the chutney a couple of days ahead, nix the cooking, and allow it to sit out and get all good and fermented!!
Which dish would you like to try and how would you tweak it?